Saturday, August 21, 2010

A package from "Brown"

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts business unit logoImage via Wikipedia
Who knew a little package from our friends at the Postal Service could bring so many smiles and giggles (most of them from me).  We finally got our tickets for vacation coming up next month.  I love Disney and vacationed there even before I had kids.  I think Michael and I will be the parents dragging their teenagers to Disney Parks when they would rather be sitting on the beach!







The girls and I made a vacation count down chain over a month ago.  I am trying to help them realize why Mommy is making her famous lists and dragging out suitcases.  It takes a long time to pack for a family of 5 and not forget necessary items.  It helps them to see how close it is getting and keeps them from asking me so often.  They take turns tearing off a chain each day and see it getting shorter and shorter.
Gabi helping with the chain and practicing her name!
We have a very exciting and quite possibly crazy plan for our trip.  We fly out to CA and meet up with our vacation buddy, Uncle Eric.  He is probably the only family member or friend we have brave enough to travel with our clan for an extended period of time. . . . . . . voluntarily!  The girls love him and he loves them so it is a win, win situation.

We will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel for 10 days!  I am terribly excited to not have to cook or clean.  I am so looking forward to enjoying my kiddos and husband.  We plan to spend about five days at the Disneyland and California Adventure Parks.  The other days will be spent driving to San Diego for Sea World, Legoland, the beach and possibly even the zoo.  Squeeze in a trip to see grandparents a time or two and we should be just about CRAZY!  I know the kids will have a blast and I can't wait for Gabi to show her little sisters all the sites.  I hope we sleep some during the trip and look forward to many hours of looking at photos and watching videos!



Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comment: