Friday, January 14, 2011

Operation: Bunk Beds


As many of you know (including the three pictured above), my husband and I 
do not create children that sleep.  They do not like going to sleep and do not stay 
asleep at night.  I created a monster with #1 and decided to get her out of my bed
 she would have to bunk with a sister for transition.  I am in hopes that one day she 
will sleep in her own room but that may be several years (like 10 or more) 
down the road.  After our hike, a stop for dinner and still no sleeping kids,
I decided tonight was the night.  We drove over to see the bunk beds I picked
out online.  The girls loved them and we headed home four tired ladies!



Getting them ordered and delivered took some work but thanks to my wonderful 
family and a very kind friend it all happened.  The beds arrived and the girls
were thrilled.  The evidence is suggesting my plan will work but progress 
has been slow.  I think after a few weeks we should have the kinks worked out!


The layout is Gabi and Is on bottom and Mella on top.  I had no idea my
mother would text me five million times questioning my choice to let 
a three year old sleep on a top bunk by herself . . . . . well she did! 
After her fears were put to rest the girls had a great first night on their 
new beds.  My monkey children seem to think they double as a jungle
gym but I am sure the new will wear off????


I guess only time will tell if the new beds bring us all more sleep or not?  
If the bags under my eyes start shrinking and I begin to be a more 
interesting and alert person you will know it worked. 





No comments:

Post a Comment